29 August 2009



So, I'm all moved in at college but I'm not going to lie, I am beyond miserable. I miss my parents and friends. And even though my best friend is here with me, I feel held back. I think if I had a roommate I didn't know, I'd be more social and actually meet people. Sigh. Classes start Monday and I just realized the class I signed up for wasn't what I thought it was so now I had to sign up for the real class and I need to buy the book which is $139 and I have about 90 dollars in my bank account and maybe 90 in cash but I don't want to blow all my money, but I don't want to tell my dad either because it's just so stressful and money is tight because he has to pay my tuition too and everything. Plus now my math class seems to need some other book or something, in addition to the one I already bought and I'm just going crazy. Save me.

Love always,
A.

6 comments:

  1. ohh man, i'm so nervous to go to college this year cause i know i'll be the same way. why don't you have a roommate? that sounds terribly lonely.

    and have you tried amazon/ebay for used books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much I hated collage at first it was so much change and expense and I had four housemates I had never met before but if you really push yourself and take part you might like it thats what hapened for me. Maybe theres students that already did those classes that might sell you their old books for cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving to college is difficult no matter what your circumstances are. I am not going to lie, so I will admit that looking back the first month was the worst (at the time it didn't seem that bad, but in retrospect I'm glad it ended). Moving in is always super stressful no matter what year you are in and then on top of that as a freshman you're meeting 400 people daily it seems and trying to gauge real friends out of the mess. Roommates don't matter in the long run. My roommate and I never got along super well, but I still met people. You can still hang on to your old friends but once classes actually start, you meet kids in your dorm/classes/parties/clubs you'll both probably naturally balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear.
    why do you not have a roommate?
    moving away from home is really hard, and it still will be hard. but its a great experience. you will meet more people as time goes on. :) you just have to be open to what is happening around you, try everything. you will be great! :D

    i have given you an award on my blog! hope you are well. and don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you go to college?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go to Temple in Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete